Is Affiliate Marketing Right for you?
First, you have to realize Affiliate Marketing is when you promote and sell affiliate products from your site or sites. Actually, selling is not quite the right word because you DON'T actually sell anything from your site. You merely refer or send customers/interested buyers to the affiliate sites you're promoting via your affiliate links.
To repeat, with affiliate marketing you don't sell anything directly online... you send clients and customers to online companies or merchants where they buy stuff and since they're coming from your site's affiliate links you get credit for the sale.
I don't directly sell Dell Computers on my sites, I merely send prospective customers to Dell where they can buy Dell products and since they came from my affiliate links I get credit, plus a small commission in return if they buy something. Same goes for Amazon or hundreds of the other companies and products I promote with my sites.
Now Affiliate Marketing Fits Me to a Tee! Here's why...
- You don't handle any sales transactions
- You don't handle any delivery of products
- You don't have to deal with customer complaints or run customer support
- You don't have to manage employees or operate a business
- You don't need an office, stock, or any physical products
With Affiliate Marketing all the selling and business operations are done by the company you're promoting. This saves you from a lot of head-aches and problems that arise from running your own company or developing your own products. It's all done for you.
, online Affiliate Marketing does have some great advantages:
- Your sites and affiliate links are working for you 24/7, 365 days of the year. You earn sales/commissions while you're doing anything!
- You earn money even when you're on Vacation.